Friday, September 24, 2021

THE CONTEXT OF CLIMATE


I was born a Brummie in the coldest winter of '63; mum was expecting me. I was overdue, I knew I didn't want to move out of the warm womb! Dutiful Dad being the provider looked for wood all over but there was none left even for scroungers. The young couple agreed the furniture wasn't worth the rent so broke it up and got a good fire going.

Birmingham 1963

10 generations down the rabbit hole there is a Londoners branch pitched as Shipwrights and Anchor smiths. 
The St Botolph without Aldgate Church register in July 1655 shows the baptism of William Clark, son of John Clark and Thomasine Cannaday, billeted at East Smithfield.


The Thames of London 1677

B
aby Willliam is a Commonwealth kid, born after the English Civil War when Oliver Cromwell became Lord Protector.

As Providence was their guide, they still proudly wore the Red Coats of the New Model Army, with a silver medal pinned to show they were part of the Battle of Dunbar victory led by Oliver Cromwell in Scotland.




                   London Bridge shopping centre! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Katie Fegan and the Curragh Of Kildare

My Inbox held a special treat - news of the new album by a special Voice in my life - Kevin Rowland.  Now for my grandson's musical e...